|Date:||March 13, 2020, 12:30-2:30 pm|
Gaining the Tools You Need to Make Change.
Learn from experienced advocates about what it takes to change laws, policies, and programs. Tools that will be discussed include:
· Understanding the governments and politics of WNY;
· Getting high quality information about your issue;
· Learning who holds power over your issue – inside and outside of government;
· Crafting a clear and memorable story, and telling it through media, social media, public events;
· Building relationships and coalitions with supporters and partners;
· Working with elected officials and government staff
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Light lunch will be provided.
Buffalo Commons offers workshops that share knowledge for the public good on topics ranging from civic engagement and local policy to best practices in community-based research.