|Presenter(s):||Sam Magavern & Team of 5 University at Buffalo Law Students|
|Date:||November 22, 2019, 10 am-12 pm|
Please join Sam Magavern, senior policy fellow at the Partnership for the Public Good, and a team of five University at Buffalo law students, as they present a workshop on fighting inequality in Buffalo-Niagara. In addition to data and analysis about important inequities challenging the region, the team will present on five topics:
· Exclusionary Zoning: how do municipal land use policies impede affordable housing and integration in Buffalo’s suburbs?
· Rights of Transgender Students: what rights do transgender students have in New York State public schools?
· Oxford Houses: what is the role of self-run residences in addiction recovery?
· Teacher Diversity: what are successful strategies to increase teacher diversity in public schools?
· Tool Libraries: how can tool libraries promote equity and the “real sharing economy?”
Free and open to the public. Please reserve your seat by emailing Sam Magavern, firstname.lastname@example.org.