Please join Sam Magavern of the Partnership for the Public Good and a team of seven University at Buffalo Law School students for a workshop on climate justice. This Climate Justice Workshop will be held December 1, 2017 from 10am to Noon at 617 Main St. (Market Arcade) in the First Floor Community Rooms.
Topics to be covered include:
· Climate change impacts on Western New York
· The climate justice movement in Western New York
· Electric buses
· Community-owned solar power
· Methane leakage from natural gas pipelines
· State carbon taxes
· Divesting from fossil fuels and investing in renewables
· Making public school food more nutritious, sustainable, and just
· How to grow and sell produce in the City of Buffalo
Free and open to the public. To reserve a seat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by November 28.