The School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University has an opening for an Administrative Assistant IV for Cornell in Buffalo located in the Buffalo ILR Extension Division.
This position will provide administrative and program support for ILR Extension and Outreach programs and activities in the Buffalo Office including High Road Fellowships and Buffalo Commons.
Position is located in Buffalo, NY, within the ILR School located at 617 Main Street, Suite 300
Responsibilities include organizing day-to-day administrative functions of multiple programs; scheduling and coordinating basic and complex meetings, events, and conferences; preparation of complex PowerPoint presentations; program specific financial tracking of multiple accounts, budgets and grants; composing correspondence requiring exercise of judgment and originality; independently creating and updating content and materials for program web pages, assisting with content for various social media platforms and outreach.
This position requires teamwork, collaboration, problem solving, multi-tasking, independence, creativity, customer focus, the ability to work with geographically dispersed and diverse staff, and the ability to handle a fast-paced work environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of four years of experience in an office setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks while working simultaneously under pressure within a fast-paced, office environment; meeting required deadlines.
· Ability to work independently to anticipate and solve problems and to take direction from others.
· Ability to interact tactfully with diverse groups of individuals.
· Ability to take initiative and be a pro-active team member.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
· Must have outstanding organizational skills.
· Advanced Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills and Adobe pdf functionality.
· Graphic arts skills including preparation of brochures and flyers (electronic and print) for marketing and outreach. Excellent Outlook calendar skills including coordination of complex meetings.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare presentation materials.
· Experience working with HTML or other web development tools such as Drupal.
· General database operating knowledge.
· Research, writing, proofreading, and editing skills are necessary.
· Ability to monitor and manage financial accounts and budgets as requested.
· Minimum of five to six years of experience in an office setting preferably in higher education.
· Prior experience with event planning.
· Experience with internet and library searches.
· Proficiency with social media platforms.
· Experience with Salesforce or similar Customer Relationship Management systems.
· Knowledge of research techniques and survey software.
No relocation assistance or visa sponsorship provided for this position.
When applying through our system, please remember to attach resume and cover letter in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the ‘Drop Files Here’ box to manually drag document(s) into your application. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please click here as an external candidate or click here if you are an internal candidate. Referencing posting number: WDR-00013012
This is a full-time, non-academic staff, benefits eligible opportunity located at the Buffalo ILR Extension Division.
Additional questions about this role may be directed to Lisa Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.